tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leak in Tomcat
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 12:02:10 GMT
הילה wrote:
> Security seems to be always in the hands of the wrong people.
>
> No need for insults here, this is a new requirement which I'm not familiar
> with, and that's why I asked you guys..
>

> Instead of the JTDS, can I use Tomcat Spengo?
> will it provide same results, as using a domain user for the tomcat windows
> service, and removing user and password from xml configuration file under
> conf/catalina/localhost ?

Maybe it is time to "rewind", and restart from the beginning, before the thread
degenerated into a discussion about the comparative aspects of security etc..

I gather that by now, you must have established that the memory leak was not in Tomcat per

se, but in the jDTS/jTDS driver, and/or the .dll that it is using for Windows-based
authentication, right ?

If so, maybe you want start another new thread, with a more appropriate subject ?
(If so, do not hit "reply", start a new message to the list)

Also, did you ever ask the jDTS/jTDS people about this memory leak, and did you ever get
an answer ?