tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Sommer <andreas.somme...@googlemail.com>
Subject Auto-deploying WAR file with arbitrary filename, defining the URL context in meta file
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 15:15:07 GMT
Hello list,

I have actually cross-posted this on ServerFault.

My problem is that I'd like to auto-deploy a WAR file with a fixed
filename "specialfilename.war" (because it includes a special identifier
that I need). With Tomcat 6, the WAR filename has to be
"my#url#context.war" in order to auto-deploy it to "/my/url/context".
Adding a custom "META-INF/context.xml" file doesn't seem to change
anything, the site is still deployed to "/specialfilename" (in this
example).

Please also refer to the more detailed question on ServerFault
(http://serverfault.com/questions/242399/auto-deploy-war-to-arbitrary-url-on-tomcat).

Andreas