tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Trouble connecting Tomcat 7.0 with Apache Server 2.2
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 15:09:47 GMT
Stijn Vanhoorelbeke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've coupled Apache2 myself with Tomcat6 on an ubuntu system.
> To manage to do this, the following guide was quite useful - maybe you can
> have a look at it.
>      > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=219985

Stijn,

That guide is very, very specific to Ubuntu (or Debian) Linux, and not really applicable
to a Windows installation.

It is also quite outdated : the last post there is from 2006
- it indicates java 1.5 (the current version is java 6 update 24)
- the workers.properties contain several deprecated (and useless) instructions
etc..

I believe that the OP would be much, much better off following the instructions on the
Tomcat website.