tomcat-users mailing list archives

From java4dev <java4...@gmail.com>
Subject tomcat java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.management.j2ee.statistics.JTAStats
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 08:31:16 GMT
Hello everybody,

I am having problem with tomcat + NetBeans.
  I am using NetBeans for a decade building Swing applications but this
is my
first time with web applications so please be nice ;)
I posted this on NetBeans list but I think this list is most appropriate.

I created a simple web project. (trying to build a JSF project).
It is just the project as it is created by the wizard and then added a
few pages for testing and accessing stored procedures from a PostgreSQL
database.
I had a lot of problem to make things to deploy.
The best combination I could found is NetBeans 7 beta2 with Tomcat 7.0.8
but even in this combination I get the following error.
this is under Windows 7 64bit.

2 Μαρ 2011 12:45:13 μμ org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDescriptor
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor WebApplication13.xml from
D:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.8\conf\Catalina\localhost
2 Μαρ 2011 12:45:13 μμ org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
validateJarFile
INFO:
validateJarFile(C:\Users\xxx\Documents\NetBeansProjects\WebApplication13\build\web\WEB-INF\lib\javaee-web-api-6.0.jar)

- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class
2 Μαρ 2011 12:45:14 μμ org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
checkHandlesTypes
WARNING: Unable to load class
[javax.management.j2ee.statistics.JTAStats] to check against the
@HandlesTypes annotation of one or more ServletContentInitializers.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.management.j2ee.statistics.JTAStats
     at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1676)
     at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1521)
     at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.checkHandlesTypes(ContextConfig.java:1947)

I have placed in red two lines that I thing is important.the problem
seems to be that it cannot find the
javax.management.j2ee.statistics.JTAStats

the missing class as well as a few other that are missing are included
in the Java EE Web 6 API library, but in there lies also the Servlet.class.
So when the loader tries to load the jar, finds the Servlet.class and
does not load the jar which causes later the deployment to fail because
of the missing classes.

If I don't include the jar, I don't get the message from the loader but
the JTAStats class and many others are still missing.
Nothing on the logs.

How do you solve this problem?

any tips?

brg