tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jason johnson <jasonjohnson1...@yahoo.com>
Subject System.out anf tomcat 6
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 02:30:03 GMT
I am using tomcat 6.0.16 and windows xp.

So I have been looking on the web for hours trying to find how to enabled
System.out in tomcat 6.  I used to have tomcat 5.0.x  When I used
System.out.println("text"); the text would be written to a stdout.log file.  Now
that I am using tomcat 6, I can't find the stdout.log file anywhere.  I don't
think System.out is writing anywhere.  I have seen a lot of information about
writing my own logger using log4j and juli but for what I use System.out for, I
would prefer to leave it as it and have it just write to log file for me.

I appreciate your time and assistance.

thank you.