tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IIS7/isapi/tomcat performance
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 20:37:09 GMT
>> From: Bruce Pease [mailto:bpease@wth.com]
>> Subject: IIS7/isapi/tomcat performance
>
>> In performance tests I have found the configuration runs
>> dramatically slower than it's corresponding server in 32
>> bit Windows on 2000 Server and Tomcat 6.
>
> Until you quantify "dramatically", better describe your testing scenario (including configurations
of all components), eliminate as many moving pieces as you can (e.g., try Tomcat standalone),
and do some basic bottleneck analysis, there's not much anyone can help you with.

He still didn't follow your suggestion and that is to determine
which part slows down the pipeline.
Is it IIS/isapi_redirect or Tomcat/JVM

Lots of time a "dramatic" slowdown is caused by a
simple name resolving problems from box to box.
It might be a "dramatic" from 32-bit-boxA to 32-bit-boxB

Regards
--
^TM