tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <jo...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: Why Tomcat is trying to delete my ROOT.xml ?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 16:45:28 GMT

Hi Chris,

 - Apache Tomcat Version 6.0.32
 - Java 1.6
 - Linux version 2.6.32-bpo.5-amd64 (Debian 2.6.32-30~bpo50+1)

Thanks.

JoeK

>Joe,
>
>On 3/5/2011 6:53 AM, joe.k@centrum.cz wrote:
>> I have strange problem with autodeploying application residing in the war file. I
have the ROOT.xml file in the CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/  directory, in order
to define my Context for webapp.

>> However, when I upload the new war file into webapp dir, I get this GRAVE message:
>>
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.ExpandWar delete
>> GRAVE: [/opt/tomcat/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/ROOT.xml] could not be completely
deleted. The presence of the remaining files may cause problems

>> I can see that the ROOT.xml file doesn't have the write access for tomcat user, but
I thought it was OK. Why Tomcat want's to delete this file ?