tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <jo...@centrum.cz>
Subject Why Tomcat is trying to delete my ROOT.xml ?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 11:53:36 GMT

Hi everybody,
I have strange problem with autodeploying application residing in the war file. I have the
ROOT.xml file in the CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/  directory, in order to define
my Context for webapp.

However, when I upload the new war file into webapp dir, I get this GRAVE message:

org.apache.catalina.startup.ExpandWar delete
GRAVE: [/opt/tomcat/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/ROOT.xml] could not be completely deleted.
The presence of the remaining files may cause problems

I can see that the ROOT.xml file doesn't have the write access for tomcat user, but I thought
it was OK. Why Tomcat want's to delete this file ?
If the file is deleted, the application would be broken.

When I restart Tomcat the application is refreshed correctly.
So only auto deploy feature doesn't work !

Thank you,

JoeK