tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <jo...@centrum.cz>
Subject RE: How to setup webapp specific parameter for virtual host in Tomcat?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 21:20:43 GMT

Hi Charles,
thank you for your reply. Based on your answer I tried to remove docBase attribute
in ROOT.xml and it started to work ! :-)

The thing why it didn't come to my mind before is the fact that I thought
docBase attribute was mandatory attribute, as long as it's marked bold in Tomcat's
documentation:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html#Common_Attributes

Thank you !

JoeK

> Od: "Caldarale,  Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
> Komu: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
> Datum: 02.03.2011 15:24
> Předmět: RE: How to setup webapp specific parameter for virtual host in Tomcat?
>
>> From: joe.k@centrum.cz [mailto:joe.k@centrum.cz]
>> Subject: How to setup webapp specific parameter for virtual host in Tomcat?
>
>> <Host name="my.domain.com" appBase="vhosts/my.domain.com"
>>       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
>> <Context docBase="/" reloadable="true">
>> <Parameter name="serverRole" value="dev" override="true"/>
>> </Context>
>> </Host>
>
>The docBase is incorrect, and the path is missing.  However, you really shouldn't be putting
<Context> elements in server.xml, so the point is moot.

>> app is no more accessible by my.domain.com (404)
>
>Expected, given the invalid <Context> settings.
>
>> I also tried to move the Context from Host to separate
>> ROOT.xml file residing in
>> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/ but with no
>> success
>
>Unlikely that Tomcat reports the error message "no success"; exactly what error are you
getting with what URL?

>Did you check the logs for deployment errors?
>
>> Actually I don't know what to set for path or docBase, but
>> it seems that I am lost.
>
>You must omit path (it's not allowed here).  You must also not specify docBase if the
webapp is located within the <Host> appBase - as yours appears to be.

>Post your ROOT.xml from conf/Catalina/my.domain.com and your current conf/server.xml (but
please remove the comments first to save space).