tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <jo...@centrum.cz>
Subject How to setup webapp specific parameter for virtual host in Tomcat?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:50:09 GMT

Hi everybody,
I would like to have this setup in Tomcat:

1. virtual host
2. webapp resides directly in ROOT and is autoDeployed
3. I need to pass some specific webapp parameter in Tomcat configuration (outside war)

1st I have this scenario:

<Host name="my.domain.com" appBase="vhosts/my.domain.com" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
</Host>

and ROOT.war in directory $CATALINA_BASE/vhosts/my.domain.com/

-> everything works fine

2nd now I try to add the context parameter

<Host name="my.domain.com" appBase="vhosts/my.domain.com" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
<Context docBase="/" reloadable="true">
<Parameter name="serverRole" value="dev" override="true"/>
</Context>
</Host>

-> app is no more accessible by my.domain.com (404)

-> I also tried to move the Context from Host to separate ROOT.xml file residing in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/
but with no success

Actually I don't know what to set for path or docBase, but it seems that I am lost.

With kind regards,
JoeK