tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Pifer <...@obrien-pifer.com>
Subject virtual host for apache/tomcat server
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:36:43 GMT
I have the following installed on CentOS 5.5
httpd-2.2.3-43.el5.centos.3
tomcat5-5.5.23

I have a small jsp app that I CAN hit through apache like:
http://www.mydomain.com/tomcat/myapp.jsp

So tomcat in the url above is the apache proxy address for the tomcat
server.

I want to setup a virtual host in apache to automatically load this app
if I type:
http://myapp.mydomain.com

Looking at many howtos and FAQ's I'm still having trouble figuring this
out.

My jsp is located at:
/usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/ROOT/myapp.jsp

I have myapp.jsp added to the httpd/apache DirectoryIndex.

I have a DNS entry configured and working for http://myapp.mydomain.com

What apache and tomcat config files do I need to modify, and how, to
make http://myapp.mydomain.com load my app automatically?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James