tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Glashfish release is really fast...
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:02:06 GMT
Hi Guys,

Just to distract you from 32-bit vs 64-bit conversation Glashfish 3.1 was
released yesterday and its performance is the best I have seen for a J2EE
servlet container. They reported a 30% + improvement in almost every area and a
less thanĀ 4 seconds startup that's even better than Tomcat 7 with my 6 core
machine. But I suspect for that number they were using a UltraSparc T3. They
also now provide mod_jk support so Apache can be the web server and Glashfish
the J2EE container.

Not sure what OS they used but I suspect it was Solaris and not sure what jvm
was used. Just shows the importance in general to speeding up the J2EE
containers.

Regards,
-Tony