tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jvr" <jvr...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat and SSL
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:59:56 GMT
Hi,

It's my first time using tomcat

I'm trying to make, applet-servlet communication via SSL. I can do it via
http but, at the moment of trying via SSL, I'm receiving an IOException:

Couldn't open a URLConnection, error:
https://www.domain.net/applservlet/greeting

I'm connecting to the servlet with:

    URL urlServlet = new URL("https://www.domain.net/applservlet/greeting");

    connection = urlServlet.openConnection();

But when I'm using:

    URL urlServlet = new
URL("http://www.domain.net:4848/applservlet/greeting");

    connection = urlServlet.openConnection();

It works, the connector port at server.xml is set to:

<Connector port="4848" protocol="HTTP/1.1"

               connectionTimeout="20000"

               redirectPort="8443" />

If I go to

http://www. domain.net:4848/applservlet/greeting

with the browser I could see the servlet.

But If I go to

https://www. domain.net:8443/applservlet/greeting

I'm being redirected to PLESK.

I'm not sure If I have configure tomcat with SSL Configuration HOW-TO
,because I'm using apache 2.2.x and openssl 0.9.8 and tomcat is not running
with apache with jk connector

I'm starting tomcat manually at this moment then, I'm not sure, to consider
tomcat as stand-alone web server.

Or maybe I have only to configure the server to grant access to tomcat to
8443 port.

Thank You.

Regards.