tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Pringle <Jason.Prin...@amdocs.com>
Subject Is it possible for a web application to populate the global JNDI namespace?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 20:47:18 GMT

Can a web application populate the global JNDI namespace?

I am looking for a possible workaround to create shared connection pools without modifying
server.xml (ie placing entries in <GlobalNamingResources .../>).

If a web application could populate into the global namespace, then I could devise a WAR which
defined the desired connection pools and placed them in the global namespace.  Other web applications
could then retrieve them as if they had been defined in server.xml.

Thanks!
--Jason

to the Amdocs policy statement,