tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Mills <>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.23 with SSL
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:04:04 GMT

I'm having issues with using a signed SSL certificate from
with tomcat 5.5.23.

My server.xml contains the following:

     <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
                 clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
                 keystorePass="password" />

/var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out reports the following:

LifecycleException:  service.getName(): "Catalina";  Protocol handler
start failed: Alias name tomcat does not identify
a key entry

Regardless of what alias name I add to the keystore and modify in my
server.xml, I always get this error.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this happens?

Alexander Mills

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message