tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Realm Configuration
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 19:27:41 GMT
2011/2/26 Josh Gooding <josh.gooding@gmail.com>:
> I am running a tail -f on the localhost.log file so I can see what is
> happening, and when I input my credentials and check the log,
> it says it cannot find password for user JGooding.

1) What exactly does it say? Is it some exception, or just a plain log
statement?

2) Check that ${catalina.base}/conf/Catalina/localhost/yourapp.xml
has the same content as your context.xml. It is copied there on
deployment and the file in /conf/ has precedence.

3) Does SELECT password FROM users WHERE users_name = 'JGooding'  is
able to find you?  (Isn't the column name "user_name" instead?)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko