tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Evans <dsevan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache question
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:19:40 GMT
The answers to these questions may help us help you:

What linux distribution and version are you using?
If you point your browser at http://localhost/ what happens?
If you "ls /etc/init.d/ " what files do you see?

Tomcat can be configured to serve html files. Some people prefer a
dedicated http server (such as Apache HTTP Server) in front of Tomcat,
passing just the java server requests to Tomcat. If you don't know why
you need one (your boss said so, you have to coexist with other
application platforms, etc) then you probably don't. You can always go
back and add the http server later. Please tell us what you
specifically need to do.

Dave