tomcat-users mailing list archives

From maven apache <apachemav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to caculate the PV,ip,PU according to the tomcat log
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:34:07 GMT
TO *Christopher Schultz*:

2011/2/23 Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>

> To whom it may concern,
>
> On 2/18/2011 7:38 PM, maven apache wrote:
> > how to caculate the PV,ip,PU according to the tomcat log?
>
> Good question. What are PV, ip, and PU?

Thanks for your attention and Sorry for my negligence.

PV: page view, how many people visit a page.

IP: how many ips visitor the website within one day or one hour...

PU:Unique Visitor,

For example:

visitor A(ip:10.0.0.1) scan the site :http://www.xx.com/index.html
http://www.xx.com/about.html

Visitor B (ip:10.0.0.2) scan the same two pages

Then VIsitor A change his/her ip to 10.0.0.3 (but its cookie in her/his
browser is not change) and visitor the two pages again.

Then from all of the above,the
ips=3 (three distinct ips)
pv=2 (two pages)
PU=2 (just two different person,although three ip.

Is this clear?

If not,I can add more. :)