tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sudden change in Tomcat 7.0.6 behaviour
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:31:26 GMT
2011/2/25 McGibbney, Lewis John <Lewis.McGibbney@gcu.ac.uk>:
> My problem is that today when I undeployed the webapp, then unpackaged my up-to-date
WAR version, any code changes which I make don't seem to be being reloaded,

Whether or not a JSP has to be recompiled depends solely on the
timestamp of the class file and of the JSP file.  Regardless of any
changes to the JSP, if the JSP is older than the class it wouldn't be
recompiled.

To force recompilation, delete the files of the said application from
the /work folder of Tomcat,  as Chris already mentioned.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko