tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg ...@tabbysplace.org>
Subject Re: Shared context.xml on WIndows XP
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:52:13 GMT
Makes sense, I think.  For example, I removed the <Context
path='/images' ...<> from server.xml, created
conf/Catalina/[host]/images.xml & put the Context element in there,
without the path attribute.

Seems to be working fine, so I think I did it right?

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: shmoldie@gmail.com [mailto:shmoldie@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Rosenberg
>> Subject: Re: Shared context.xml on WIndows XP
>
>> Hmmm ... what about if I put them in
>> conf/Catalina/[host]/context.xml
>
> That will specify attributes for a webapp named "context".  If you want those attributes
to apply to all webapps for a given <Host>, the file should be in conf/Catalina/[host]/context.xml.default.
 If you want the attributes for a specific webapp, the location is conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml,
as stated before.  Note that under no conditions are any of these <Context> elements
allowed to have a path attribute, but they may have a docBase attribute if the webapp is located
outside of the <Host>'s appBase directory.