tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More traces from tomcat 3.2.X
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 09:27:54 GMT
2011/2/9 Petr Hracek <phracek2@gmail.com>:
> Dear users of tomcat,
>
> could you please advice me how to increase logs in tomcat 3.2.X?
> I know that it is unsupported version now but on the one of the our
> server I have a problem with
> high load of CPU when the servlet is exiting.
>
> I could not find any reason why the servelt consume high load of CPU.
> Is there any way how to specify in XML configuration files more logs
> during the calling servlets?
>
> Thank you in advance

If you need the docs, they are still online:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-3.2-doc/index.html

I cannot say for sure, but from the configuration files I saw that
1) there is Logger element in server.xml with verbosityLevel attribute
2) there are debug="number" attributes on various elements in there.

Maybe that helps.

> I could not find any reason why the servelt consume high load of CPU.

Taking a thread dump may provide some clue.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko