tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.6 won't shutdown via SCM on Windows 2003 R2
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 17:53:54 GMT
2011/2/1 André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com>:
> Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>
>> 2011/2/1 Tom Kielty <Tom.Kielty@calabrio.com>:
>>>
>>> Konstantin,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply. I tried to look for a defect but must not have
>>> looked in the right place. It says this is a minor defect. Is there anyway
>>> to increase the priority as this is a problem when writing scripts to
>>> automatically restart Tomcat?
>>
>> It is possible to change the level, but I do not think that it is
>> major issue [1] (there is no "normal" severity in this instance of
>> JIRA), nor I think that that field matters anyway.
>>
>> It is worth adding a comment that it is observed not only in that
>> environment where it was originally reported,  or any other concerns.
>>
> You may also want to have a look at this page :
> http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html
> and in particular at the entry about
> --StopTimeout
>
> Short explanation : the tomcat7.exe program is in fact a renamed copy of
> that "procrun" program.  It is a wrapper which runs as a Windows Service,
> and itself runs the JVM which runs Tomcat.
> No guarantee, but playing around a bit with this parameter may just happen
> to solve your problem.

I do not think that "--StopTimeout" will help here.
The shutdown itself takes little time. After that the process just
disappears, without reporting any progress info back to the system.

See my comment in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-195

-- I think reconfiguring the service will solve the issue.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko