tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat won't serve newly created files
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:08:22 GMT
> From: angelicos [mailto:angelicos@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat won't serve newly created files

> We use Tomcat (Standalone) 5.5.29 on CentOS 5.4
> and 5.5 virtual servers.

Are you using a real Tomcat, or a 3rd-party repackaged one?  If the latter, the configuration
may enable the security manager, which limits what can be done from a webapp.  Make sure you're
running with a real Tomcat downloaded from tomcat.apache.org.

> I have a problem in which tomcat won't serve files
> newly created by the application.

Where are the newly created files being stored?  (Inside the webapp's deployment directory
would be a very bad answer.)

What mechanism is being used to serve the files?

Is there anything in the Tomcat logs related to the 404?

- Chuck