tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat upgrade from 6.0.20 to latest production release of 7.0.x...
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 22:46:37 GMT
> From: Tony Anecito [mailto:adanecito@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Tomcat upgrade from 6.0.20 to latest production release of 7.0.x...

> I want to upgrade from 6.0.20 to 7.0.x but I have APR added
> to Tomcat now and I want to keep it that configuration. I
> heard that Tomcat 7.0.x comes with APR but I am not sure of
> that. Is that true?

Hmmm... here's a sentence on the Tomcat 7 download page:

"Please see the README file for packaging information. It explains what every distribution
contains."

And if we click on the README link:

Packaging Details (or "What Should I Download?")
bin/
    apache-tomcat-[version].zip or .tar.gz
        Base distribution. These distributions do not include the Windows service wrapper
nor the compiled APR/native library for Windows.
    apache-tomcat-[version].exe
        32-bit/64-bit Windows installer for Tomcat.   Please note that while this distribution
includes the vast majority of the base distribution, some of the command-line scripts for
launching Tomcat are not included. This distribution is intended for those users planning
to launch Tomcat through the Windows shortcuts or services.
    apache-tomcat-[version]-windows-x86.zip
        32-bit Windows specific distribution that includes the Windows service wrapper and
the compiled APR/native library for use with 32-bit JVMs on both 32 and 64 bit Windows platforms.
    apache-tomcat-[version]-windows-x64.zip
        64-bit Windows specific distribution that includes the Windows service wrapper and
the compiled APR/native library for use with 64-bit JVMs on x64 Windows platforms.
    apache-tomcat-[version]-windows-i64.zip
        64-bit Windows specific distribution that includes the Windows service wrapper and
the compiled APR/native library for use with 64-bit JVMs on Itanium 64-bit Windows platforms.
    apache-tomcat-[version]-deployer.zip or .tar.gz
        The standalone Tomcat Web Application Deployer.
    apache-tomcat-[version]-fulldocs.tar.gz
        The Tomcat documentation bundle, including complete javadocs.

 - Chuck