tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Context.xml for multiple datasources
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:02:47 GMT
> From: Stephan Beutel [mailto:beutel@axivion.com]
> Subject: Re: Context.xml for multiple datasources

> But I thought it could be defined by a map in
> context.xml like in Spring.

Even if you did, that wouldn't solve your problem.  You would still have to stop and restart
the webapp every time an additional datasource was added to the <Context> element.

You could provide a <Parameter> element nested inside the <Context> that specifies
the names of the <Resource> entries, but there's no automatically created list of <Resource>
elements.

 - Chuck