tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat on Windows XP: WAR file not fully unpacked
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 18:00:44 GMT
> From: shmoldie@gmail.com [mailto:shmoldie@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Rosenberg
> Subject: Tomcat on Windows XP: WAR file not fully unpacked

> I'm on Windows XP, local Tomcat running.  Most of the time when I
> upload (from the local machine) a .war file via the Manager HTML UI,
> I find that it is only partially unpacked into the app dir.

That's usually because Tomcat is unpacking it elsewhere, since Windows presents ugly locking
problems.  Look at the antiResourceLocking and antiJARLocking attributes of the <Context>
element:

However, you shouldn't ever depend on the .war file being unpacked, since there's no guarantee
it will be.

 - Chuck