tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Godrej <jamesgod...@yahoo.in>
Subject running multiple instances of Tomcat on same server
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:27:55 GMT
I have to run multiple instances of Tomcat.
The reason I am doing so is I have a server where I hosted a learning management
system known as
Sakai which runs on Tomcat 5.5.30 and now on same server I have to host another
learning management system known as OLAT.

As per OLAT  doc here in Tomcat section
http://www.olat.org/docu/install/olat_install_admin_docu_one_page.html
it says
"In situations where more than one instance is required (e.g., 				multiple
cluster nodes on the same host) it is worth setting up each OLAT instance in its
own  				JVM and sharing a common base installation (see Tomcat documentation
concerning CATALINA_BASE installations.) 				"

Can some one point me where is that given on Tomcat official docs or what is the
doc which I gave link above trying to say.