tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Lewis.McGibb...@gcu.ac.uk>
Subject Sudden change in Tomcat 7.0.6 behaviour
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:35:57 GMT
Hello list,

I have been running my webapp on two tomcat servers located on two workstations versions 7.0.8
and 7.0.6. The workstations are in no way linked, I have merely been developing code and testing
on both tomcat installations.

After every coding session, I package my app into a WAR and keep it with me so I can undeploy
the older version, then unpackage and continue working on the web app as I wish. This has
been working fine until recently.

Firstly I think it is important to state that I have included an xml file within both tomcat
dist's under the following CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/mywebbapp.xml with the following
contents

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Context docBase="/home/lewis/Downloads/mywebapp/mywebapp.war" debug="0" crossContext="true"

  <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String" value="/home/lewis/Downloads/mywebbapp"
override="true"/>
</Context>

This is in direct accordance with the following
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat#Installing_Tomcat_6
At this stage I understand that the wiki entry relates to Tomcat 6.X, however up until now
I have had no problems so I am sure that it 'work(s/ed)' fine.

My problem is that today when I undeployed the webapp, then unpackaged my up-to-date WAR version,
any code changes which I make don't seem to be being reloaded, E.g. when I reload the app,
the old code is shown instead of any changes I have made prior to reloading. I have tried
using firebug to see my code and yes it appears that no code changes seem to be being made
even after I have reloaded the app with my changes.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, or does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and
Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the
Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html