tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Kielty <Tom.Kie...@Calabrio.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 7.0.6 won't shutdown via SCM on Windows 2003 R2
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:54:28 GMT
Konstantin,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to look for a defect but must not have looked in the right place.
It says this is a minor defect. Is there anyway to increase the priority as this is a problem
when writing scripts to automatically restart Tomcat?

Thanks

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 7.0.6 won't shutdown via SCM on Windows 2003 R2

2011/2/1 Tom Kielty <Tom.Kielty@calabrio.com>:
> I have installed Tomcat 7.0.6 via the zip on one of my Windows 2003 R2 machine and ran
the service.bat file. The service installs and will start with no problems. However when I
try to stop the service I have issues. If I try via the Service Control Manager, the status
bar goes half way then stops. If I wait it returns with a failure that the service did not
send a stop signal. I can hit the "Close" button and Tomcat is not running anymore. But this
prevents me from running the "Restart" option.

> I also tried this via command line by running:
>
> net stop Tomcat7
>
> System error 109 has occurred.
>
> The pipe has been ended.
>

> I also have this same problem with Tomcat 7.0.5 on a different Windows 2003 system. There
are no messages in the EventViewer or the logs.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-195

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko