tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Kielty <Tom.Kie...@Calabrio.com>
Subject Tomcat 7.0.6 won't shutdown via SCM on Windows 2003 R2
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:13:14 GMT
I have installed Tomcat 7.0.6 via the zip on one of my Windows 2003 R2 machine and ran the
service.bat file. The service installs and will start with no problems. However when I try
to stop the service I have issues. If I try via the Service Control Manager, the status bar
goes half way then stops. If I wait it returns with a failure that the service did not send
a stop signal. I can hit the "Close" button and Tomcat is not running anymore. But this prevents
me from running the "Restart" option.

I also tried this via command line by running:

net stop Tomcat7

System error 109 has occurred.

The pipe has been ended.

I also have this same problem with Tomcat 7.0.5 on a different Windows 2003 system. There
are no messages in the EventViewer or the logs.

Ideas?

Tom