tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Janner <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 Memory Heap Limit
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:06:29 GMT

You might be able to eek out a few hundred more K using the /3GB OS switch, but not much more.
I don't see why any one Tomcat app would need 40GB of heap, but I assume you know your app
better than I.
But Chuck's correct.  If you are getting OOMs at that heap size, then you'll need to switch
OS & JVM classes.
Jeff

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender or
telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.