tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what to do in conf. files
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:29:01 GMT
On 26.2.2011 18:50, ahmet temiz wrote:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context path="/usr/local/workspace1/pro1" docBase="pro1"
> 	crossContext="true" reloadable="true" debug="1">
> 	<Resource name="jdbc/bzk2" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
> 		driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
> url="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/bzk2"
> 		username="orkun" password="222222" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
> poolPreparedStatements="true"
> 		maxWait="-1" accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed="true" />
> </Context>

1. Remove the path attribute. Docs: "The value of this field must not be
set except when statically defining a Context in server.xml, as it will
be inferred from the filenames used for either the .xml context file or
the docBase."

2. Remove the docBase attribute. Docs: "The value of this field must not
be set when the Context is configured using a META-INF/context.xml file
as it will be inferred by the automatic deployment process."

3. Remove the reloadable attribute. Docs: "This feature is very useful
during application development, but it requires significant runtime
overhead and is not recommended for use on deployed production
applications. That's why the default setting for this attribute is
false. You can use the Manager web application, however, to trigger
reloads of deployed applications on demand."

4. Remove debug attribute. Docs: "". It is deprecated.

5. If "222222" is actual password, change it. I advise you to remove
passwords from the examples you post, since you make them visible to the
world-wide audince.

Also, if your DB parameters at development and production are different
(which is recommended), you will need two context.xml files, and a
proper script to pack the right one into the WAR archive.

-Ognjen