tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Issues with ntlmauth.dll on Apache Tomcat/5.5.26 (SQL server Windows Authentication)‏
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:16:54 GMT
BLEDAR MEMA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a problem on our production servers . Tomcat was running fine and we decided
to use the SQL server Window Authentication by adding ntlmauth.dll in system32 windows folder
and updating the jtds to version jtds1.2.5.jar as instructed by the website. This has caused
a memory leak in the tomcat process i.e. if observed using the Windows Task Manager the memory
usage for the tomcat6.exe process would go up until restart is required due to OutOfMemory
exception. Our java application runs fine and no memory leak is reported there when observed
using JConsole or JProfiler. Are you aware of any problems with this procedure? Is this a
known issue? I have searched the Internet for a solution and have not been able to find anything
regarding this for weeks now.

> I would really appreciate it if you could get back to me on this, as it is causing a
lot of problems to our service.

This is the same issue as the thread entitled "Memory Leak in Tomcat".
Perhaps you want to browse it.
The answer is the same : you should ask the jTDS (jDTS ?) people about it. It does not
seem to have anything to do with Tomcat per se.