tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: 500 Internal Server Error after 5 minutes
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:25:26 GMT
Addendum :
The fact that I was willing to bet on it, does not mean that this /is/ the problem.
You should really look first-hand at what happens at the customer side.
If you are not seeing that problem locally, but the customer is seeing it, then it may
also be some intermediate agent which is introducing the problem (like a proxy).

Also, if your customers are using Internet Explorer, it may be a good idea to ask them to

disable the "friendly error messages" in the settings.  When this is selected, the error
pages (possibly sent by your server or by an intermediate proxy) are hidden by IE, and
replaced by a built-in error page which totally obscures what the real issue may be.