tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: 500 Internal Server Error after 5 minutes
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:28:24 GMT
Uma Maheswara Rao M wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Need help in resolving below issue. We are requesting a servlet and that
> servlet will run for 20 min to provide the information, meanwhile exactly
> after 5 minutes we are getting "Internal Server Error".

I would bet that this is not really the error that the users are seeing.
They are probably seeing something like a "This page cannot be displayed" in their IE
browser ?

And it is probably due to the fact that the application is not sending back anything for 5

minutes, and the browser just times out.