tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Automated installer for war files
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:44:53 GMT
chris derham wrote:
> safer to remove service. That way if we make any tweaks to the service
> configuration, they would be propagated to all environments. (currently we
> update the windows service to add a variable to tell the app which
> environment it is running under)

Can you expand a bit on the above ?
(That seems to be the only part which is really Windows-specific).
Such as, what "variable" are you talking about, defined where ?

One other thing : it seems that when you talk about "tomcat instances", you are really
talking about nn separate installations of Tomcat, each with its own top installation
directory, and each with its /bin, /lib, etc.. sub-directories.
Is that how your setup is ?
Or do you have one single Tomcat software directory (%CATALINA_HOME%), shared by multiple

running Tomcat processes (each with its separate %CATALINA_BASE%) ?