tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject mod_jk and sticky sessions
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:07:04 GMT
Hello mod_jk Experts,

I'm having trouble getting sticky sessions to work as expected.

I believe I've identified the problem in the logs:
-----------
[Mon Feb 14 15:28:02.333 2011] [4774:4041131776] [debug]
get_most_suitable_worker::jk_lb_worker.c (942): searching worker for
partial sessionid A245FE42FA0C746808A575CDEE88ADB2
-----------

... the jvmRoute is not being attached to the session ID.

My server.xml file contains a jvmRoute attribute:
-----------
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="tomcat2">
-----------

And my workers.properties should be named appropriately, but I admit
I've played with my naming quite a bit.

My worker.properties is as follows:
-----------
worker.list = lbworker,status

worker.tomcat1.domain=tomcat2
worker.tomcat1.port=8009
worker.tomcat1.host=localhost
worker.tomcat1.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat1.lbfactor=1

worker.tomcat2.domain=tomcat2
worker.tomcat2.port=8009
worker.tomcat2.host=[name of other VM]
worker.tomcat2.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat2.lbfactor=1

worker.lbworker.type=lb
worker.lbworker.balance_workers=tomcat1,tomcat2
worker.lbworker.sticky_session=True
worker.lbworker.sticky_session_force=False

worker.status.type=status
-----------

Load balancing works great between the two instances on the two VM's,
but sticky sessions don't work because the jvmRoute doesn't get appended
to the session ID. What might I be missing here? I'm not sure where to
look next. Any direction anyone could provide would be extremely
appreciated.

mod_jk/1.2.28
Apache Tomcat/6.0.29
Apache/2.2.16 (web server)
JRE 1.6.0_23-b05

Thank you in advance for any direction anyone could offer!

-Jordan