tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: huge "info" messages about mod_jk
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:32:01 GMT
Hi.

I am not quite sure that I understand your question.
:-)

Let me try another answer :

mod_jk is a software module which allows a front-end Apache httpd server to forward
requests to a back-end Tomcat server (and in the opposite direction pass the responses of

Tomcat back to Apache httpd).
Graphically, it looks like this :

Client browser <--> Apache httpd + mod_jk <--> Tomcat

Apache httpd configuration directives like JkLogLevel and other Jkxxxxx directives, tell
mod_jk what you want it to do.
By using "JkLogLevel info" in your Apache httpd configuration, you are telling mod_jk that

it should log messages (to the file indicated by JkLogFile), about what it is doing.
The level "info" indicates that you want a fairly "verbose" log.

So basically mod_jk is doing what you are asking it to do.

(If you want to log less messages, for example only in case of errors, then use
"JkLogLevel error" instead.)