tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Liermann <mich...@imbongi.co.za>
Subject Re: Issue with Apache 2.2.3, Tomcat 6.0.29, and Flex
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:04:38 GMT
Hi Martin,

Martin Kuen wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> did you verify that your flex app is sending something when you hit the
> login button? (e.g. using wireshark)

I have not done that as yet, but will give that a try. Thing is, it
behaves as intended when called by IP, so I can't see it not sending
anything when the page it's embedded in is called by DNS name instead.
> As you referring to a "compiled flex application", I am somewhat tempted to
> assume that you didn't write it on your own (?)

Our inhouse coders developed it. I had no hand in writing it. It is a
compiled app that uses a text config file in /etc to specify the address
of the backend Tomcat server.
> --> Do you have a flash *debug* player installed? Otherwise, you won't see
> any errors, which are thrown by the flash app (and not handled).

No, but I'll give that a try, too. Thanks for the suggestions - will
report back my results.

Cheers
MSL