tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Liermann <mich...@imbongi.co.za>
Subject Issue with Apache 2.2.3, Tomcat 6.0.29, and Flex
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:56:57 GMT
Hello all,

we have a testing server up that is running CentOS 5.4 32 bit, Java
version 1.6.0_20, Apache 2.2.3 and Tomcat 6.0.29. Apache is set up to
run two name-based vhosts, which I'll call system.domain.tld and
test.domain.tld for short. For the test.domain.tld vhost, Apache serves
a static HTML page that contains a link to a compiled Flex application
(.swf file). This Flex app implements a login box and connects to Tomcat
on the same server to authenticate users and provide functionality to
the app. For system.domain.tld, Apache uses mod_jk and JKMount to make
available a Java web app (systemapi) that is used by the Flex app to
authenticate.

When I call test.domain.tld via a web browser, Apache logs the request
and serves the SWF file. The SWF displays a login box; when I enter data
here and hit the login button...nothing happens. The Tomcat log file
catalina.out is set to maximum verbosity, and it logs no activity
whatsoever.

When I use the IP address for test.domain.tld instead of the FQDN, then
I can log on, Tomcat generates copious entries in catalina.out, and all
works as intended.

I don't think it's my Apache vhost config, since all the parts of the
process that Apache is responsible for function properly in both cases.
I've added Alias directives for both name-based vhosts in the Host
section of Tomcat's server.xml, with no change.

Any ideas? This has me baffled.

Regards
MSL