tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: RMI reaper thread prevents JVM from exiting
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:32:03 GMT
On 27/01/2010 07:43, Thomas Chabaud wrote:
> Le 25/01/2010 20:53, Christopher Schultz a écrit :
>> You've reached way beyond my understanding of RMI at this point. Is it
>> possible that, like JNDI, you might have trees of objects instead of
>> just a flat list? In that case, you'd have to recursively
>> unexport/unbind objects to make sure you got everything.
> Thanks for the advice. I've checked, and I think all objects are already
> unexported,
> because on each unexportObject() call the NoSuchObjectException is raised.

JMeter has the same problem when shutting down the client when used in
client-server mode (which use RMI).

I've just discovered this thread, and have tried all the suggestions
(unexporting and unbinding).

Nothing worked - apart from System.exit().

However, I then tried calling interrupt() on the RMI Reaper thread:

for(Thread t : Thread.getAllStackTraces().keySet()){
     if ("RMI Reaper".equals(t.getName())) {

This seems to solve the problem for JMeter, at least on Java 1.6.0_23 on

The code is a bit of a hack, as it relies on being able to access the
threads and that the thread name does not change (though one could just
interrupt all the threads).

But it may help someone.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: