tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Get the following error: NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:43:38 GMT
On 02/02/2011 09:40, henry human wrote:
> Hi I get the following error when I try to call a smal java application(hello friends!)
which i placed in a jar file. the application has the log4j.jar in its lib directory (and
classpath) and calls the log4j.logger like this:
> private static final Logger LOGGER = Logger.getLogger(Hello.class);
> It works when i run the application in eclipse.
> but not as a JAR application!(he application is not running on tomcat an is only a smal
commandline application)

> Error:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger
>
> Thanks for your advice

Please do not hijack threads.

When sending an email to the list, start an entirely new email.

Editing the subject & body of a reply to an existing email thread does
not edit or remove the message headers which tie that email to a
conversation.