tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: apache question
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:22:43 GMT
Lava Saleem wrote:
> I'm using linux box that has already apache tomcat I can see there is httpd
> in /etc  but I don't see apache beside apache tomcat in the /opt   I also
> need to upload my html file in apache or like you said coyote
> where and how to do that ?

Lava,

you have not told us which version of Tomcat (or Apache httpd) you are using, on which
exact platform, with which version of Java, nor anything really about where these
different packages come from or how or where they are installed.
You also seem to be relatively confused about what Apache Tomcat and Apache httpd really
are, and how they can communicate with eachother, or even if they need to communicate with

eachother and why.

There are probably 30 different types of Linux, and several hundred types of boxes on
which to run it.  Each type of Linux installs Apache httpd and Apache Tomcat in different

series of multiple directories on the disk.  So how could anyone tell you if it is normal

or not that you find (or don't find) something in /etc or /opt ?

If you could give us some real information for a change, including what exactly you are
trying to achieve and for which reason, then someone here might be able to help you, or
else direct you where you might get some real help.