tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sanford Stein <Sanford.St...@cybertools.biz>
Subject Cannot connect to tomcat 5.5.23 on RedHat Linux
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:28:52 GMT
After updating to Red Hat's latest version of tomcat 5, I am unable to
connect to tomcat after stopping and restarting it.

The message in catalina.out from the shutdown is:
    at gnu.java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(libgcj.so.7rh)

I can then restart tomcat5 without error, but when I try
http://{server}:8080 I get in jk.log:
(ajp13) connecting to backend failed. Tomcat is probably not started or
is listening on the wrong port (errno=111)

I got this to work for a while by reverting to the older version of
tomcat5 (RHEL 5.5 instead of RHEL 5.6).
But after a system reboot that no longer works.

I believe that tomcat failed to connect to the shutdown port 8005 and
the environment somehow got corrupted.

I tried changing the shutdown port in server.xml to 9005 -- no luck.

Any insight in to what I can do here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sanford Stein
CyberTools Inc.

CyberTools Logo <http://CyberTools.biz> 	*Sanford Stein *| *CyberTools,
Inc.*
75 Arlington Street, Suite 500, Boston MA 02116  | 800.894.9206 x
103 | F 888.899.0346
Sanford.Stein@CyberTools.biz <mailto:Sanford.Stein@CyberTools.biz> |
CyberTools.biz <http://CyberTools.biz> | Build-It-Once Development