tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject Re: How to serve .net and java websites on Windows 2008 with IIS7 and Tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 00:51:51 GMT
A simple answer to your question is to create additional <Host> entries
to your Tomcat server.xml file. While I know that there are some on this
list who disagree with this method, I personally find that configuring
hosts and contexts in the server.xml file very simple as it makes adding
new hosts to Tomcat similar to adding new hosts in Apache.

For example, you can add the following to your server.xml file:

         <Host name="[ENTER DOMAIN NAME]" appBase="webapps"
              unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
              <Context path="" docBase="[ENTER SYSTEM PATH]" />
              <Alias>[ENTER ALTERNATE DOMAINS]</Alias>
         </Host>

or... more specifically:

         <Host name="ourserver.com" appBase="webapps"
              unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
              <Context path="" docBase="C:\website1\" />
              <Alias>www.ourserver.com</Alias>
         </Host>

And Tomcat will now know how to resolve each domain to it's own
directory rather then inside the ROOT webapp.

There are other ways to configure contexts, which I'm sure folks will
post about subsequently, but I've found this works quite well and
whether it's the "proper" way to do it or not, it will solve your problem.

-Jordan