tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: cannot access welcome page on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:00:00 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Brett Delle Grazie [mailto:brett.dellegrazie@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: cannot access welcome page on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2
>
>> On 1 February 2011 16:50, Philip Anil-QBW348
>> <anil.philip@motorolasolutions.com> wrote:
>>> I found, using netstat, that process with pid 4 opened port 80. I killed
>>> the process tree from Task Manager and the system shut down saying it
>>> was a system critical process (DCOM).
>
>> Might be malware...
>
> Are you referring to IIS?

One could argue about that.

Anil, when Chuck mentioned to "get rid of it", he did not necessarily mean to use "kill".

The following command will show you exactly which process (PID and program) is using which

port(s).  The ones you should look at are the ones showing "LISTEN" in the column before last.

netstat -aobn -p tcp