tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.6 won't shutdown via SCM on Windows 2003 R2
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 16:14:18 GMT
Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2011/2/1 Tom Kielty <Tom.Kielty@calabrio.com>:
>> Konstantin,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. I tried to look for a defect but must not have looked in the
right place. It says this is a minor defect. Is there anyway to increase the priority as this
is a problem when writing scripts to automatically restart Tomcat?

> It is possible to change the level, but I do not think that it is
> major issue [1] (there is no "normal" severity in this instance of
> JIRA), nor I think that that field matters anyway.
>
> It is worth adding a comment that it is observed not only in that
> environment where it was originally reported,  or any other concerns.

You may also want to have a look at this page :
http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html
and in particular at the entry about
--StopTimeout

Short explanation : the tomcat7.exe program is in fact a renamed copy of that "procrun"
program.  It is a wrapper which runs as a Windows Service, and itself runs the JVM which
runs Tomcat.
No guarantee, but playing around a bit with this parameter may just happen to solve your
problem.