tomcat-users mailing list archives

From henry human <henry_hu...@yahoo.de>
Subject Get the following error: NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 09:40:31 GMT
Hi I get the following error when I try to call a smal java application(hello friends!) which
i placed in a jar file. the application has the log4j.jar in its lib directory (and classpath)
and calls the log4j.logger like this:
private static final Logger LOGGER = Logger.getLogger(Hello.class);
It works when i run the application in eclipse.
but not as a JAR application!(he application is not running on tomcat an is only a smal commandline
application)

Error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger

Thanks for your advice