tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Conway Liu <>
Subject How to serve .net and java websites on Windows 2008 with IIS7 and Tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 00:38:21 GMT

We are trying to setup a webserver that will serve multiple aspx (..Net) websites
and and jsp (Java) websites.
The webserver is a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit machine with IIS7.
I have also installed Tomcat 6.0.30 running as a service. The sample web
application works with no problem on http://localhost:8080

Multiple IP addresses have been created on the webserver, so that each IP
address will be used for one website.
All websites should be running on port 80, regardless if aspx website or jsp
I believe to achieve this, we need to use the Tomcat connector for IIS, so that
IIS will take the request and forward to Tomcat to server jsp pages.

I have gone through
and successfully got IIS7 to pass request to Tomcat and served the sample jsp
pages on port 80.
Then I'm stuck...

It seems like the Tomcat service only serves applications from one location
But we don't want to run the website as

Instead, we need to run them as
which is why we have created multiple IP addresses on the server.

And the jsp websites will sit in seperate physical folders on the server, for

I've tried to play around with,, but
without success.
I think there's something to do with $CATALINA_BASE that I need to configure,
but I don't know how.
So now I beg to know exactly what and how to configure for both jsp websites to
be served by the Tomcat service, receiving request from IIS7.

If you can give as much detail as possible or point me to any websites that have
detailed information on this matter, I am forever greatful.

Regards and thanks