tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shaun Farrugia <sfarru...@fry.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.28 Servlet Spec 2.3 - When does Tomcat actually service requests?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:10:23 GMT
I know that per the Servlet Spec 2.3 that Tomcat will start up the Listeners first and then
start up any servlets.  However, I am unsure (the spec is ambigious) on when the Servlet container
is supposed to start servicing incoming requests.

I have a Servlet that has a load-on-startup  setting of 2 and this initializes some application
settings.  Granted, the best avenue for this is a Listener....  I'm wondering if Tomcat will
service HTTP requests before or after the any load-on-startup Servlets are loaded.  Specically
Tomcat 5.5.28 to 5.5.31.